Legislation to create civil unions died even faster during the special session that began Monday than it did during the regular session that ended last week. The House State, Veterans and Military Affairs Committee shot down the bill on a 5-4 party-line vote, stopping it from getting to the House floor, where it likely would have passed, with a handful of Republicans joining Democrats. (Photo above by Helen H. Richardson, The Denver Post)
Heard about this earlier today. Revolting. Why did it get sent to the House State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee, anyway? How in the hell is this their purview?
So close, yet so damn far, for the one state north of mine. First the bullshit with North Carolina and then this within the same fucking week? SIGH.
My darker thoughts want blood to spill for this. Both the people in Colorado and North Carolina who made these seperate infractions against the LGBTQ community should pay.
But in the end, Colorado will just have to try next time, hopefully with a new Speaker at the helm. Sorry this had to happen. :/
- alstroemeriansecrets reblogged this from zentillion
- zentillion reblogged this from sailor-rurouni and added:
- matsurisunrise reblogged this from sailor-rurouni and added:
- sailor-rurouni reblogged this from denverpost and added:
- thatiowaguyhp reblogged this from denverpost and added:
- mimisaysfuckit reblogged this from denverpost
- bellakarina143 reblogged this from denverpost
- denverpost posted this